Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope everyone is having a good Mother's Day. Although our day clearly didn't work out as we had originally planned, it's been nice. Fun, relaxing, and so far I've eaten two fantastic meals that I did not take part in cooking! :)

I found this on Pinterest and knew I had to make a version for my mom. The sad news is, my Cameo had some issues making this. I haven't figured out what exactly is going on with it, but it's having feed issues suddenly. I DID manage to get what I needed from it in the end. But it took an entire 6 foot roll of vinyl, which took time and made for massive frustrations. I could see the end result of this project in my head and each time Cameo messed up, I got a little more defeated thinking I wouldn't be able to make it the way I wanted. Which meant I would have to come up with a new plan and likely wouldn't get it finished in time to get it to my mother. However, I did get it to work in the end! I think it's leaning slightly, but my Cameo had literally gone through all my white vinyl at this point. :) And everyone else in the house said it was perfect, so I went with it. 

I gave it to my mom yesterday at the Spring Fling. She loves it, which makes me SUPER happy! She ran off to show it to her bestie who was eating lunch at the table next to us. I'm so glad it turned out good! I'm itching to make a few more projects like this soon.

2 comments:

  1. Looks superb, Lisha Dawn! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's perfect. The photos you chose are wonderful!
    Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete