Thursday, October 3, 2013

Teaching Thursday

I'd really like to take the time to sit down and post our school schedule one Thursday soon. I thought I might actually get that chance today, but it didn't work out. I'm will eventually get myself in the habit of taking time earlier in the day to make my posts. 

For this week, I just want to say- I love homeschooling! This has been a week of clicks. My daughters have been struggling with double digit multiplication, and this week, it just clicked. My son had started trying to guess words instead of sounding them out, this week, it's clicked with him that it doesn't work (though I've been trying to explain it for at least a month! Lol!). Not only have these things clicked, but the kids have each really expanded on them and ran with them!

There have been several other clicks this week, even for myself with our crazy schedule now. It's nice. It may not take long before we stumble upon another snag or several, but it's still nice. And if you ask me, it's a worthy excuse for a nice Friday picnic at the park! :)

It's really amazing watching children grow. Experiencing them learning. There's real beauty in actually seeing the moment they grasp a new concept. With homeschooling, I get to experience this more than I could have ever dreamed. I am so thankful to God, my husband, out kids, and everyone who has helped and prayed for us and continues to. 

And for the record- I do truly love homeschooling, even on the days when all 3 kids fight me at every turn. It's really a huge blessing on our family- even on the worst days!

1 comment:

  1. I remember double digit multiplication...it NEVER EVER clicked with me. John will be helping the boys with math for sure. I cannot imagine doing what you do. You are seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete