Saturday, November 23, 2013

Ornaments

Today the kids and I made 2 ingredient ornaments. I found the recipe on Pinterest, but it's basically 1 cup of Apple sauce and 1 1/4 cup ground cinnamon. They smell great, and according to my kids the mix looks like brownies- but so not eat it!

I will say, we used quite a bit more cinnamon than what the recipe called for to get the mix less sticky. Also, it called for cooking them for 2 hours at 200 degrees, but it took 4 hours for ours to get hard. I haven't counted but I'm certain we made at least 20 ornaments from just a single batch.

I sprayed some clear finish on just a few of them to test out how they would look and if the cinnamon smell would still hold up. I do believe they still smell just as good now that the spray is dry- but at this point I'm honestly not sure. My nose has smelled a lot of cinnamon today!
The darker ones are the sprayed ones. We used a small straw to poke a hole in each one and will add a small ribbon to each one for hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment