Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Little Women

It's dawned on me that I've not written about this yet...

My daughters are growing up. Over the past couple of months I've been slowly buying items to put in "welcome to womanhood" gift bags for them. From the essentials, to the first 2 books in my favorite book series from when I was their age, to a few random fun items like a Bluetooth speaker for the shower, and heat resistant gloves for when they want to straighten or curl their hair for themselves. I've also asked several women they look up to to write them welcome to womanhood notes of love and encouragement. 

I'm really getting excited to finally give this to them soon. Just waiting on the final items to arrive. At first, I thought I would just give my oldest hers and hold off on the other, but- I want them to have these before the times come, and with each passing day I realize how close I'm getting to missing that opportunity. And even more so- I want this to be something special that will hopefully help them to not only know they can always talk to me, but to also show them how much they can share with, lean on, and help each other in the years to come. 

I do hope everything is in and ready for me to give them next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment