Monday, August 10, 2009

The Teaser, Revealed!

I've made mention in the last couple of posts of some other things I've sewn but wouldn't post because one was a gift for my bff, Cerise. Well, the kids and I finally got to spend some time with her and her hubby and her son, Lyndon. We went to visit them last Wednesday and had a wonderful time! I miss her again already! But, pretty soon (hopefully in a couple weeks) they will have moved into their new house which is only about a 10 minute drive from me! :)

Here we are modeling our matching bags! And... just an awesome side note... With my 70 pounds lost added to the 35 Cerise has now lost- we've lost 105 pounds together! That's a whole person! WOOHOOO! I'm so ready for school to start back up so I can get back to working out every day again and get rid of the last 50 or so pounds I need to lose. I miss my girls when they are at school, but it's so hard to not just play with them all day while they're here- instead of working out 3 or more hours each day like I do when they're at school!
I made them all reversible. The inside of Cerise and my matching ones is the same as this first one. They're reversible, but the main side is probably the only one that will get seen on all but the last one of these!

First one. Also, this is the one I talked about. I made it out of a couple of bandanas that my cousin Cassie gave me a couple of years ago. I've been trying so hard to find something to make with them! LOVE IT! This is PERFECT!

Main- One side.
Main- Other side.
Reverse.
Here's the 2nd one I made. Love this one too! :) I think the main side fabric of this one came from Cassie too, actually! THANKS! :)

Main.
Reverse.
And then I made this one out of the silky asian type fabric. I cannot remember what it's called right now... I made this one smaller. And it's the one that would surely get use of of each side!

One side.
Other side.
Sorry. Some of these pics are a little blurry. And I'm in a hurry and can't retake them right now! Super Big THANK YOU to my big sis for the pattern and some intructions on these! They are super easy to make, in any size you want. And I just love the finished product. I rarely ever carry a purse anymore, but these will be used!!! They are too awesome not to use! I can't decide which I like best or least or even in the middle. I love them all!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, I love them all too! Your best friend is super lucky to have you. And a big "way to go" to you both on your healthy lifestyle changes. I know it's not easy to do especially with the busy lives you are both leading. Keep up the good work and don't forget to include some sewing time in that busy schedule. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super lucky :o) Thanks again for my awesome bag. I put all the sewing projects I want to make for me in there :o) And then I took it and my sewing machine back to Little Elm...because you made me want to sew!
    I love those other bags!! They all came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the bags!!! the asian inspired ones are awesome. and guess what? i just found out that they are next years' community service project for the american sewing guild.

    "The American Sewing Guild is proud to announce the selection of the U.S. Troops Drawstring Bag as our 2010 national community service project. A project of Operation Care Package, a non-profit organization that receives, fills and mails the drawstring bags to deployed service men and women from all branches of the armed forces. You can learn more about them at www.operationcarepackages.org."


    so make more and donate!!!

    ReplyDelete