Monday, April 26, 2010

Things for ME!

Sew... I'll start with a pic I just discovered I had of one of the 2 outfits I need pictures of to post. Can't really see that outfit that well in it though. (hint hint, holly!)
I've been working on this next project for a while. It wasn't anything that really had to take so long to make at all, I just did a little at a time on it. Got the idea from my sister who got it from Knock off wood. Our cats, and TJ teamed up over the last few months and knock ALL my pictures down on practically an hourly basis... Sew when I saw this, I knew it was the perfect way to stop that madness! I should have taken a before picture of the 2 shelves that were holding all these in frames! But I forgot. Here's the finished products though. These are each 6 feet long.
I'm actually working on one more that's 8ft long to go in our front room/my sewing room. Probably won't finish it until next week though.

And finally, I really don't know what came over me, but I got a wild hair and just had to make myself a purse. A purse! Seriously?! I have always had a thing for purses, but I haven't really carried one at all since I stopped working outside of the home. In over 2 years. I just have my wallet and keys, both of which have wrist straps so I just slip them on when I'm out. Well, something came over me and I just had to make one. And the best thing is, I found one that suits my wrist loving style right now! And it's just big enough for my phone, wallet, and keys! With 3 kids, I definitely don't need a purse that can hold more- or it will....
Oh... And it's reversible! :)
And I think it is fantastic! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE FABRICS TO MY BIG SISTER, HOLLY!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have to make one of those photo holders. John and I actually decided to make a couple short ones each for the boys rooms, that way they have a place to put photos, art work and pictures that they love.
    LOVE the bag...I've always got my diaper bag with me...except when I go out without Munch and then I always end up carrying WAY more than I mean too...but I've always been like that. It looks the perfect size for you though!
    Oh AND I didn't crochet the tops of the baskets...stared at them JUST long enough to decide I didn't want to go there at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo line turned out well. A perfect way to keep little ones and furry ones away. Your purse is very cute.

    ReplyDelete