Craft Cherry has nominated me for The Liebster Award! I'm actually little girl happy over this. I don't exactly dream of my blog having a massive following, but I do get excited anytime someone new comes across my blog and decides to comment and/or follow! And as I'm really working to get back in the habit of blogging at least twice a week, this is definitely motivation!
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new or up and coming bloggers (less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I love my life! No matter the bad days, I am very blessed. Yes I get cranky more than I should, but even then, I love my life.
2. Now for a hate... DISHES. Not sure why, but I really do despise them. Well, not the clean ones, I like those. Many, many years ago my husband and I split up for a short time and he still came over and did the dishes for me. So happy my kids are now helping out with that too.
3. I have the 3 most beautiful kids in the world. And yes, I know I am biased. Your kids may be just as beautiful, but they'll always be second to mine, in my opinion. :)
4. I think naps are amazing. My husband and I try to take a nap at least twice a month. Sometimes we manage 1 nap a week. It's nice. Especially considering-
5. I'm a major night owl.
6. My parents are my inspiration in life.
7. Speaking of parents... Mine divorced, then remarried each other! Then followed that up with another kid! My lil sister is 15 years younger than me. And, she's amazing. Our older sister is completely awesome too.
8. I love cats, have 2. But ever since my Tigger passed away 12 years ago, I've been in need of a kitty who will snuggle with me like he did. He literally slept in the bed next to me with his body under the covers, head out and on my pillow EVERY night. I do so love every cat I've had since, but man I miss those sweet snuggles.
9. I'm a total gamer. Not quite as bad as I was in the days of KI Gold and NHL2K, but definitely still a gamer. We get on multiple waiting lists for new systems to insure we secure one asap. And in this house, we don't trade-in or sale our old systems when we get new ones. We keep them. We still play them. We play them all!
10. My best friend, Tanna Wickliffe, passed away May 2nd, 2005. We grew up together. 25 years worth of memories. I miss her everyday. My son's name is TJ, not initials, not short for anything. The T is for her. He also has no middle name, like her. If he were a girl, his name would have been Tanna Li. She called me Li (Think Lee- I just always insisted it be written Li since it was taken from my name.).
11. I love Jesus Christ. I believe my bible, and I try to live like it, though I do fail often.
11 Answers to 11 Questions:
1. What ONE word would you use to describe your past year?
2.What is your favorite way to de-stress?
Pray. And, if possible, follow it up with a refreshing nap!
3.If you had 24 hours completely to yourself, what would you do?
There's a theme going here. NAP! Definitely take a nap! Watch a movie. And without a doubt, craft!
4. You are asked to bring desert to a party. What do you make?
Gooey caramel chocolate chip brownies. Or dark chocolate covered peanut butter balls. OR- if I don't have room for the extra calories- Hungry Girls Yum Yum Brownie Muffins (only I make them into balls, think cake balls. Also, I add a just a little bit of chocolate chips to them.).
5. What is your favorite way to get fit?
Walking. I really enjoy walking.
6. Tell me about the last book you read.
I read to my kids at night. The girls and I will finish this awesome book about this boy who is a witch, and he keeps having dreams about this door down a long hallway. He has this lightning bolt scar on his forehead that keeps hurting him so bad! (In other words, Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix.)
7. What color is a majority of your wardrobe?
I kind of have a good variety, but probably more black than anything else.
8. When is the last time you sent a letter, just because? Who did you write it to?
So... I honestly do not know... I miss snail mail. I'm trying to teach my kids the joys of it now. It really is nice to receive a surprise card or letter in the mail. I'm assuming that I'll lead by example as I try to teach my kids. If a card that wasn't mailed counts, I do tend to leave notes or cards for my husband in various places around the house. Not as good at that as I used to be either, but I'm working on bringing it back full force!
9. If you could take a vacation to a fictional place, where would you go and why?
I'm really torn here. It's a tie between Narnia and Hogwarts.. And if I have to explain why, you really need to read the books! :)
10. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee, hands down. I am not a tea drinker.
11. What is your favorite time of day?
This is tough! I love bedtime because I really enjoy reading to my kids. I love mornings when I wake to find the kids all playing together, and I can sit down and do my devotionals with their giggles in the background. I enjoy when my husband comes home everyday and I race the kids as we all try to get the first hug! And I REALLY enjoy when he leaves for work. Not because he's leaving, but because no matter how hard the kids try to, he always makes sure I get the last kiss goodbye. And believe me, that can be a hard thing to accomplish with our 3 kids!
First, I don't have 11 blogs that I follow. Second, I can't seem to find out how many followers the ones I do follow have. So below are the blogs I nominated, regardless of actual followers...
Life's Little Adventures
Growing Each Day
My 11 Questions for these Nominees:
1. Favorite Book?
2. Favorite Blog?
3. What camera do you currently use?
4. Favorite modern invention?
5. Best family vacation? And were you the parent or the kid?
6. All time favorite song?
7. Life verse, or favorite Bible verse?
8. Favorite quote?
9. Go to dish you make for potlucks?
10. Favorite "unknown" movie (one it seems no one else has seen)?
11. I tend to lean towards the mushy side of life, so let's finish off there. What anniversary (# of years) will you celebrate with your husband this year?