Sunday, June 16, 2013

Scripture Sunday- Father's Day

Still working on securing a particular pic I want to use for a link-up button.

Today, I want to share a facebook exchange between my father and I. Most years, we spend Father's Day having lunch with my parents. This year, our girls had a tournament and I couldn't exactly not be there for my husband on his Father's Day. I'm upset that I didn't get to call my dad today. Couldn't exactly call him while he was at church, and then for a a while today, my phone lost service and wouldn't reconnect. Now it's kinda late. :(

I posted the following on FB after we got home from church today.

"Daddy- I am so proud of you. I am overjoyed to let people know you're mine. God chose you for me. You are so wise, and I always know you will give me a good, honest answer- even if its not what I want to hear. You lead by example. And I can hardly hold back tears when I reflect on how much I have learned through you and mom. I treasure that I've been blessed to watch y'all grow into such wise and godly examples. And I could never thank God enough for allowing you to be my daddy, and my children's papaw. I love you."
He responded. 

"I thank GOD that I have 3 daughters that love me. More importantly, I have 3 daughters that love GOD and are willing to humble themselves before Him. That gives me a peace that I cannot explain that Philippians 4:7 so eloquently states. Love ya'll"

Happy Father's Day to my Daddy. And also, to my husband, who spent his day in the heat coaching our girls and their teammates today. 

Today's verse will be the one my dad mentioned. 

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your 
hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7


No comments:

Post a Comment