Friday, February 5, 2010

One Of My Favorite Sewing Creations Thus Far!

Sew, I have been wanting to make a shirt for a while now. Just like a regular style t-shirt... But with cool fabrics, of course. I have had the pattern for awhile, and my sister has even made some, but again, another pattern that intimidated me. One of these days, I will stop letting myself put a sewing project off because it intimidates me. Every one has turned out great so far when I finally do it! And this one is one of my absolute favorites!

I decided since it's still winter, I would make a long sleeved hoodie. And it had to be up-cycled! TJ is ultra obsessed with Little Caesars. At least one of our kids had to be! He knows the logos and everything. It's pretty funny. He had a cute little onesie that Rob had gotten from the owners, but he's outgrown it. So I took it, and one of Rob's old work shirts, and made TJ a super cute hoodie. Not the greatest pics, yet again. He has not wanted to hold still for me for pics lately!







I intend to go back and make the orange at the bottom longer. It's made the size of the pattern, but it still seems a bit short to me. I was going to take it off right away last night and put a longer one on, but then I realized I didn't have enough solid orange left to do it. Rob's trying to get another orange shirt for me though! Maybe this way the hoodie will last longer too! And Rob took TJ to show it off to the owners today. I think Rob loves this one too! :) I can't wait to up-cycle some more of these for him and his sisters!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is FANTASTIC!! Lyndon would love one of those...or at least I would love one for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! This is my fav. of your creations to far too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alisha,
    where did you get that pattern for the shirt? I want to make one for Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed! That's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm duly impressed! It looks like a lot of work but well worth it. Your sewing talents are really moving on. Wish I weren't so intimidated by sewing clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Alisha, This is even more darling than I had imagined in my mind.... and I was imagining something pretty dang cute. I LOVE IT!!! and I love your blog :)

    Jennifer from Toni&Guy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very cool idea. I really like the reduce/reuse/recycle vibe. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete