Saturday, March 27, 2010

Easter Wreath

Been very busy lately. Spending quite a bit of time at the hospital with my mil over the past month now. She is doing wonderful! I have a lot of items that I need to complete by Thursday this week. But can't get pics of them until after this weekend. In the meantime, I really don't know what got into me, but I woke up Friday morning just itching to have a new wreath on my front door. So I started searching the net for ideas. I found one and started making it, and then my Cousin Cassie emails me one! I thought it was pretty cool we were thinking the same thing at the same time. The one she found had spanish moss in it, and I actually really liked it because it made the eggs look more hidden, like in the grass. Took me back to my childhood. I actually planned to add the moss to mine, but then I ran out of glue and completely forgot to get more today while right next door to Walmart! So, I decided that for this year (or possibly just for today, we'll see tomorrow!) I'm done. And I tied the ribbon to it and hung it on the front door. I really like it! I think I could make the next one even better though. It was SUPER fast and easy too! (We totally should have done a craft-a-long on this!) And it actually pained me to have to take down my pine cone wreath, but it is put up until fall now.

Now, I just have to see about making at least 1 more of these. I want to make one for the door to mil's hospital room. And Rob has started asking me to make a couple for some of his stores! We'll see!

4 comments:

  1. You really are the wreath queen! I think it turned out fantastic.
    I've felt like such a huge slacker lately. I have got to get my butt in gear!
    I can't believe Easter is already next weekend! Have to get some eggs for Lyndon to find at Gigi's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! It's very bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete