Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Much Crafting

Sew... I realized tonight that I have been seriously kicking out some crafts lately after a long drought, or at least it feels like a drought. Saturday night I knocked out Indyanna's birthday present (pics after the birthday), last night I knocked out a present for my cousin's daughter (holding off on pics of that as well). This morning I made another Easter wreath to hang on my mil's hospital room door. I really want to make my big sis and mom one too! They are quick, easy, and cute!
Then I started hanging up pictures of us that I ordered a while back and just haven't gotten to yet. After I hung a couple of them, I decided to finish a couple (of the same) projects that I've been working on for a while. Thank you Meagan for the idea! The problem I had with them is the wood was just absorbing the paint. I honestly lost track of how many coats it took. But it's finally where I want it today. You can't tell so much from the pictures, but it looks more vintage. The pictures make them look like they need more paint though! I was making 3 of these, the two below, are my daughters.'. The 3rd I was making for me. But I HATE it. It's really just the color. I decided to do mine red, and it's just not looking like I want. I love the pink on the girls' ones, so I am thinking of just starting from scratch and doing mine in pink as well. The girls love them, and so do I!
And after hanging those in their room, we went outside to play and start another project. I got all the painting done, so tomorrow I will try and tackle finishing that project as well! I still have 2 more outfits that I'm wanting to sew before Friday also. And on a side note... Amazingly, somehow, I've not only been keeping the house clean while doing all this crafting, but I've been de-cluttering and just really getting some "spring cleaning" going as well! GO ME! :) Hope I can keep this up!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go crafting girl! Can't wait to see all your sewing projects. I love the picture frame wall hangings. I think they came out great. Am way impressed that you find time to take care of your family, make crafts and do your Spring cleaning. I think you deserve the big red "S" for being a Superwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out great! I don't know how you've been doing all that...pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I thought I had left a comment on these Easter Wreaths already I guess it didn't take. Anyways, LOVE them and the bright colors of the eggs. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete