Resolutions. What can I say, I've never been a fan. Too much seeing people make them then forget them a month later maybe, I don't know. But this year, I really feel... well, different. So here it goes. In no particular order...
1. We'll get to this one in a minute... Maybe.
2. To work every day to be a better wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend.
3. Lead by example. Be a light in this world.
4. Focus on my physical health, and that of my husband and children as well.
5. Project Life. Bought it. Love it. Now I need to DO IT.
6. Attitude. It's contagious. Is yours worth catching? Definitely not in many more things than I'd like to admit. I'm a SAHM. What I've always wanted. And I do so love it. So why do I still hate cleaning so much? My husband works hard for our family. He works hard to keep me home. The least I can do is have the house clean when he gets home most days! I'm now homeschooling as well. Something I feel called to do. And I love. But too often, I lack motivation. Not in doing the homeschooling- but in planning it. And I know my children thrive well with planning. Which in turn leads to less frustration for all. Must work on this!
7. Pray more. Mainly expand more to others outside of my home. Will probably start a prayer journal for this.
8. Blog more! I would like to get at least 3 days a week on my blog. But I'm setting my resolution for once a week. For now.
9. Always take the time to play in the rain with my kiddos!
But now I have 2 daughters with beautiful voices and a desire to learn guitar and keyboard as well. And Stretch is very much displaying my same fears already. How can I expect my own children to use their talents for God when I don't? Lead by example... Also on my resolution list...... My dad and my little (almost 18 year old!) sister both play in their church band. My little niece just did a solo in public. She's 8!!! And even that isn't helping my daughters. It's not that my children don't have wonderful examples. But I can't expect those to be enough. I'm the mom here. I'm being their built in excuse! And what else have I ever not done in life because I didn't face this fear? Really not sure if it's held me back in other things, but I know it could. I want my children to be confident even in their fears. How come no one ever told me how much I would have to raise myself while raising my children????
Well that's it. My 2013 Resolutions. If you believe in praying- I sure could use some extra prayers!